- Requires the knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology including up to one year of practical training and four years of full time clinical laboratory experience.
- Must have current certification as a Medical Technologist
- Must have and maintain an active TN license as a Laboratory Supervisor or be eligible for and obtain such license within 3 months of employment at ODL.
- Requires the analytical skills necessary to plan for, design or enhance highly-complex systems and programs, resolve problems requiring a comprehensive and state-of the art awareness of scientific field.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high degree of personal & professional initiative.
- Problem solving ability - able to develop creative, practical solutions that meet business objectives.
- Strong project management skills ability to create, adapt and follow work plans
- Ability to thrive in a global, multicultural collaborative team environment
- Ability to create cross-functional teams driven by project / business needs; ability to lead teams and secure outcomes without direct line authority
- Organizational/time management; able to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work rotating hours/shifts and weekends.
The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Job requires employee to walk considerable distances in the facility during the course of his or her work. Five percent (5%) travel required.