Laboratory Technicians must meet one of the following education requirements:
- Successful completion of a MLT associate degree program; or
- An associate degree in a laboratory science and successful completion of an official military medical laboratory procedures course of at least 50 weeks duration in residence and have held the military enlisted occupational specialty of Medical Laboratory Specialist (Medical Laboratory Technician); or
- An associate degree in a laboratory science that meets specific science requirements: 6 semester hours of chemistry and 6 semester hours of biology for entrance into a medical laboratory technician training program and 3 years of full time clinical laboratory work experience.
Must be eligible for or possess current registration/certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician – MLT (i.e. ASCP, NCA, AMT), or Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
Must be eligible for or possess an active TN license as a Medical Laboratory Technician or Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Job requires employee to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Job requires employee to remain on his or her feet in an upright position for continuous periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Job requires employee to walk considerable distances in the facility during the course of his or her work.