1. Exhibit innovation in discovery, advancement, and evaluation of new technologies
2. Provide high level scientific expertise for new and on-going activities within the company. Provide technical or scientific direction and expertise to all departments
3. Identify future technical trends, processes, and technologies that lead to a competitive advantage for the company.
4. Interpret external studies and collate internal knowledge in a way that enhances the company’s competitive position.
5. Communicate with external research and business partners, recognizing the appropriate level of disclosure to achieve business objectives while maintaining confidentiality.
6. Communicate, both written and orally, critical information in a timely and accurate fashion to all levels of organizations.
7. Promote creativity and critical thinking in developing research strategies and achieving division goals.
8. Recognise and protect IP and know how
9. Provide internal education and ongoing scientific support as needed.
10. Coach and mentor other scientists within the department.
11. Manage the work and training of staff to ensure that all team members are meeting their objectives to facilitate new product development
12. Provide support to design and execution of clinical studies
13. Responsible for technical diligence of new opportunities, concepts and acquisition candidates.
14. Responsible for conducting market landscaping and providing recommendations to senior management
15. Responsible for development of cost and schedule project plans for new development projects. It may include interface with manufactures or vendors as well as university, government and industrial customers in the development and definition of new products
16. Responsible for the design and conduct of complex experiments in accordance with the company’s Quality System and to regulatory standards to facilitate new product development
17. Ensure that research plans, reports, and associated documentation produced by the team are accurate, thorough, and clearly written
18. Prioritise team workload to ensure that key objectives are met on time and to budget
19. Work with ODL, Manufacturing and Quality departments as necessary to assist in troubleshooting for assays and processes
20. Follow all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area
21. Work to Oxford Immunotec’s Company Values at all times.
Essential Technical skills and abilities
PhD in life sciences, preferably immunology
5+ years of industry experience required
Working knowledge of ELISA, ELISPOT, flow cytometry, cell assays, and statistical methods a distinct advantage
Ability to define and conduct high level research
Fluent knowledge of programmatic aspect of research (cost, resources and schedule)
Ability to disseminate research through publications and reports
Demonstrated understanding of the diagnostic and pharmaceutical industries
Familiarity with Quality System concepts and requirements including GMP and ISO
Must be proficient in MS Office and data analysis
Emotional skills and abilities
Flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment are required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
Some travel required