The Senior Manager, Program Management, will be responsible for supporting and leading program management activities across the Company. This will involve project and program management with the various teams in both UK and US, production of detailed project plans, documentation and the provision of guidance for project teams and ensuring communication is maintained between all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring all quality management procedures are adhered to, objectives are identified and met within the allotted budget, and benefits realised from the implementation of the change.
The key aspects of the role include:
Technical Skills, abilities and experience
• Must have proficiency in a wide range of program and project management skills, including maintenance of complex schedules and timelines, cross team leadership, risk mitigation, customer communication, etc.
• Must have a Life Science or Engineering background, to degree level or higher.
• 5 years or more experience of working within matrix management of complex projects.
• Successful delivery of new products to the market including regulatory approval in key territories
• Familiarity with the development of IVDs, automation hardware and/or software highly desired
• Experience of successfully delivering operational initiatives.
• Familiar with key project management methodologies such as PMP, Prince 2.
• Previous experience in a project management role from a Medical Devices or IVD, or Biotech background an advantage.
• Demonstrates problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organisation and communication skills, including previous experience of dealing with managing simultaneous projects.
• Must have a ‘can-do’ attitude and a strong desire to take ownership of many different projects.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple timelines, while maintaining the team focus.
• Willingness to travel internationally.
Emotional skills and abilities
• Ability to think analytically and review problems constructively.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels and across disciplines.
• Ability to gain and maintain trust and confidence of project contributors and colleagues.
• Ability to influence without authority.
• Strong desire to join a high growth company and work in a fast paced environment.